I'm not sure if I am understanding your question, but maybe this will help.

Flex can communicate with a server in several ways.

One way that flex can communicate with a server is by pretty much acting the
same as a browser: i.e. it can submit get and post requests which will look
exactly the same to the server as get and post requests submitted by a browser.
Thus you can probably process form submissions on the server using exactly the
same PHP code that you are using for browser-submitted forms.

Similarly, flex can get the server's response to such a request, and can
process the provided information. However, unless you are simply going to
display it to the user, you probably do not want the server to respond with a
page of HTML, but rather was something that will be useful for flex. Thus this
might be where you would want to start changing your server-side code to act
differently for flex as opposed to the browser.

Flex also has built-in classes for communicating with web services, Flash
Remoting, and LiveCycle Data Services.

One of the nice things about the latter two approaches is that a gateway takes
care of translating data between flash and the server so that each can work in
its native datatypes. For example, if one is using a PHP server, the gateway
will take submitted flash data and convert it to PHP data, and take the
returned PHP data and convert it to flash data. Thus you can work with native
datatypes on both the client and server without having to worry about
conversions.

Obviously, none of the above tells you how to do any of this, but hopefully it
gives you some starting points for further research, or asking more specific
questions.