Here is a link to the unzipped hotfix file from my server
http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/files/WindowsXP-KB952825-x86-ENU.exe

To fix the SidSpeed message, open regedit.exe. Click on
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Enum/PCI/(your firewire hardware
code entry, I know for TI chipsets this has 104C in the name/Device
Parameters. Add an HWord named "SidSpeed" and give it a value of 2.




Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software
www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
(540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER

Amateur Radio: K3NC
Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
DXBase bug reports: email to [email protected]
Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/





On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 7:42 PM, Bob McGwier <[email protected]> wrote:

> My old XP machine, which was to be my last windows machine because of
> Vista, has a problem.  I know that I am not the only one with this problem.
>
>
> For a year I have downloaded at various times, the Hotfix for the SP3
> Firewire issue.  I go and get the email message with the link and the
> password from Microsoft.
>
> I start the program,  I enter the password, it seems to accept it and
> starts the installation process (starts copying files) and then I get a
> dialog box during XP, SP3 trying to load 955408 that simply says
>
> Denied Access
> Error
>
> and push button for OK.
>
> Dudley told me others have had this.  If you have RESOLVED this,  please
> tell all of us how you did it.
>
> How can I test/ascertain sidspeed?  Is there a utility or place I can look
> and see?
>
> Bob
> N4HY
>
>
> --
> (Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
> Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
> NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
> "the only people for me are the mad ones,
>  the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
>  mad to be saved, desirous of everything at
>  the same time, the ones who never yawn or
>  say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn
>  like fabulous yellow roman candles" Kerouac
> Twitter:rwmcgwier
> Active: Facebook,Myspace,LinkedIn
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flex-radio.com/
>
_______________________________________________
Flexedge mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexedge_flex-radio.biz
This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used for 
posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist who are 
using alpha and beta versions of the software.

Reply via email to