This fix was slated for SP4, which was never released after Vista came out.


-Tim


-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] 
On Behalf Of Bob McGwier
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 7:52 PM
To: Michael
Cc: [email protected]; FLEX USERS
Subject: Re: [FlexEdge] [Flexradio] My old XP machine

That is probably not an option for me.  The other thing I found strange 
and might account for this is that the hotfix page, where you click the 
checkbox and request the email with the link and password,  says

SP4 not SP3 as the intended recipient.  If it actually checks for 4 and 
finds I have 3, then I know it should not install. Is this a typo on the 
Microsoft hotfix page?  Or hello?  WTHeck?

Thanks Michael,

73s
Bob


On 1/22/2010 7:48 PM, Michael wrote:
> I think you should do this BEFORE SP3 installs. Remove SP3 , install the hot
> fix, and then re-install SP3. I believe I had to do this. Sp3 see the hotfix
> as unnecessary and won't install it.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email protected]
> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Bob McGwier
> Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 7:43 PM
> To: FLEX USERS
> Cc: [email protected]
> Subject: [Flexradio] My old XP machine
>
> My old XP machine, which was to be my last windows machine because of
> Vista, has a problem.  I know that I am not the only one with this problem.
>
>
> For a year I have downloaded at various times, the Hotfix for the SP3
> Firewire issue.  I go and get the email message with the link and the
> password from Microsoft.
>
> I start the program,  I enter the password, it seems to accept it and
> starts the installation process (starts copying files) and then I get a
> dialog box during XP, SP3 trying to load 955408 that simply says
>
> Denied Access
> Error
>
> and push button for OK.
>
> Dudley told me others have had this.  If you have RESOLVED this,  please
> tell all of us how you did it.
>
> How can I test/ascertain sidspeed?  Is there a utility or place I can
> look and see?
>
> Bob
> N4HY
>
>


-- 
(Co)Author: DttSP, Quiktrak, PowerSDR, GnuRadio
Member: ARRL, AMSAT, AMSAT-DL, TAPR, Packrats,
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"the only people for me are the mad ones,
  the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk,
  mad to be saved, desirous of everything at
  the same time, the ones who never yawn or
  say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn
  like fabulous yellow roman candles" Kerouac
Twitter:rwmcgwier
Active: Facebook,Myspace,LinkedIn


_______________________________________________
Flexedge mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexedge_flex-radio.biz
This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used for 
posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist who are 
using alpha and beta versions of the software.

_______________________________________________
Flexedge mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexedge_flex-radio.biz
This is the FlexRadio Systems e-mail Reflector called FlexEdge.  It is used for 
posting topics related to SDR software development and experimentalist who are 
using alpha and beta versions of the software.

Reply via email to