Gary Schmidt W5ZL wrote:

Bottom line, I *WILL* buy Linksys products in the future.

Drifting things even further off-topic. another reason to support Linksys is that many of their products (in particular, the ubiquitous WRT-54G wireless router) run Linux, and the source code for virtually all the firmware is available. Because of that, several folks have come up with new firmware for the WRT-54G that ranges from enhanced versions of the standard Linksys code, to completely independent Linux distributions.

I'm running two WRT-54G units with the "OpenWrt" firmware, and while I haven't done any of these goofy things with them (yet), it's cool to know that I could run a web or ftp server, hook up a weather station or webcam, run VoIP, or do who knows what else on these little $69 boxes. They even work as access points. :-)

John