From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Blake
Sent: Monday, October 31, 2005 9:03 PM
To: Flex Radio
Subject: [Flexradio] Second sound card option in Beta view 2

May I ask, what was the reasoning behind adding VAC support in lieu of the 2nd sound card option?  Was it not possible to optionally allow the selection of either the 2nd sound card or VAC?

[Tim] It eliminates additional AF cables from the primary soundcard to the second soundcard which could be an additional way RFI could get into the radio. And, iIf there becomes an open source version of the VAC, then the other reasoning would be lower cost to do digital modes since you do not have to pay for an additional sound card.
.
I am currently using the software with a new SR-40 and expect to acquire my SDR-1000 in the Christmas time frame.  The radio and the PowerSDR software are nothing short of amazing!

This is really putting a spark back into my 48 year ham radio hobby.

Thanks - Mike - K9JRI