Eric2

From: KD5NWA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
That might be worth a lot of money to a museum, I know a friend that sold a Altair for $40,000. I could kick myself, I owned Altair #19, personally delivered and signed inside by Ed Roberts, I use to know him well. Funny thing his dad use to look just like Jimmy Carter the President.

Young people can be quite dense, I got to know him, and often I would give him rides or pick him up from the Miami airport when he was flying to Albuquerque, It took me a while to figure out that he was the President of MITS he never mentioned it. One time I complained that my kit for the Altair had not arrived, when he came back from New Mexico he carried Altair #19 with him and gave it to me, he told me he knew a couple of people at Altair. Being dumb as a stump when it came to personal matters, I still didn't get it, until one day I noticed a stack of mail at his office addressed to Ed Roberts president of MITS, duh, the light bulb finally lit up.

My Altair was in mint condition, with every board they ever made, and fully functional, my wife nagged until I threw it away, four month later, my friend called me and wanted to know about my Altair, a Museum in Japan was interested. When I found how much my friend got for his (which wasn't functional) I very calmly told her how much making a little extra room in the garage had cost, she was unusually quiet for several days.