Tim,

There is a reason that many people recognize the Cubase software name.
They are simply at the top of the game.  You can use the version that
ships with the PreSonus Firebox in combination with the PowerSDR
software for fantastic results.

The only con I can think of in this setup is that it does require
another D/A -> A/D connection (from output 5/6 to Mic Input 1).  But
what this allows is using all of the parametric EQs and all the other
bells and whistles in Cubase to make your audio sound just like you want
it.

The flat frequency response of the SDR-1000 transmitter is what allows
us to use processed audio coming into the PowerSDR software and it comes
out on the air just as you hear it on the monitor.

Eric Wachsmann
FlexRadio Systems