In my response to PreSonus I made it clear that the issue was "out
there" on the various internet lists. As any manufacture should be
aware, reported problems real or otherwise have a way of propagating
across lists rather quickly. What in a sense may only affect a small
user base may grow into a major PR issue for the company and cast
negative light on their product if not dealt with promptly. I'm curious
to know what justification was used to fix the Firepod and not the
firebox. Is it simply a case of the Firebox not being on the market as long?
If they opt not to address the issue might I suggest looking back
towards M-Audio and their Firewire 410 unit. Priced a bit lower (here in
Canada) and the spec's look every bit as good. Remains to be seen if
they have such a baseband deficiency however. Hope to have one on trial
here shortly, will advise..

73,

Kirb - VE6IV
(otherwise massively impressed wid da Firebox)