-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 9:26 AM
To: philip gentile; FlexRadio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] flex use with a ribbon mic

Phil,

Yes, in my estimation (not agreed with by Flex, both Eric and John have both
thumbs down my take on this),  a good low noise mic pre-amp is a fine
addition to the Flex set up.  I use an inexpensive Beringher.

In a thread a few weeks ago, I suggested this fix to a fellow Flexer that
was having "echo" efffects with mic gain setting on front GUI of 50+.  He
was using a Heil Studio One mic. I suggested he get the GUI setting well
below 35 and use a preamp. I never heard back from him, but maybe it worked.
I certainly can say that this is an issue in my shack, and the pre-amp along
with low settings on the console takes care of these issues.

73s -Dan  K6KDK