On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 19:14 +0100, Bob Cowdery wrote:

> I think there is a very strong clue here. The architecture is aimed at
> supporting a radio factory. The major motivation to my mind therefore
> comes from the idea of a virtual radio or radio kernel architecture to
> support 10's or 100's of real and virtual radios. I have to question how
> relevant this is to most people. Most of us have one radio and are
> unlikely to have more.

On the contrary. I think it's going to be the heart's desire of every
top-drawer DXer and contester around. There is very little question it
will be possible to emulate entire multi-op team using a single RF front
end and a single human operator. It will very likely change the nature
of contesting, anyway. SO2R? How about SO(as many contestants are on the
band right at this minute)R? Not farfetched at all.

73
Frank
AB2KT



_______________________________________________
FlexRadio mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archive Link: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
FlexRadio Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com

Reply via email to