I did a test a few years back with two old Mac's, I had eight
commercial quality videos flying about through the Firewire setup at
the same time and it didn't even burp once. Audio even at 192KHz is
nothing compared to the video streams.

Disclaimer: that was on MAC's, they handle video like a duck takes to
the water, these were however very old Mac's, 8500's with 350MHz G3 CPU's.

Has anyone run optimized DSP code on a PPC MAC with Altivec?

At 05:56 PM 4/14/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Skip,
>FireWire allows for multi connects, we had a system with several
>tenth of harddisks connected trough firewire. Each ATA disk had a small
>PCboard connected with a firewire in- and out- connector.
>I do not know if the 5000 will have an in- and an out- connector,
>but bandwidth
>will sure be a problem if devices are daisy chained.
>Can use multiple ports on the PC however.
>I hope the software makes that possible.(processing power is less an issue)
>73
>
>groeten Peter
>petervn(a)hetnet.nl <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  ; pa0pvn(a)hetnet.nl
><mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   ;
>pa0pvn(a)gmail.com ; pa0pvn(a)amsat.org .

Cecil
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com www.hpsdr.com

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
(When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults!)