-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Art
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2007 9:12 AM
To: flexradio@flex-radio.biz
Subject: [Flexradio] sdr 1.91 beta

Hello every one
thought I would just pass along a few bits found when using the sdr beta
with my sdr1k (only had it a couple of weeks !!)
Have been using the 1.9 beta software with my setup since buying the 1k.
Everything seemed to work ok for me using a P4 duo core 1.86ghz Cpu with
3gb ddr2 ram Sata Hdd 160gb and outboard Edirol FA-66 controled with the
onboard Motherboard 1394/Firewire plus parallel interface from the
computer Mb. Began adding 3rd party software for sstv (MMSSTV) and Rtty
(MMTTY) MixW (multi digi) and Hampal for Drm.. Loaded the VAC software
(ver 4.07) and installed/configured fine along with Phil's
Virtual com port software.. Problems show up when monitoring on another
tcvr to the outgoing transmissions and a small breakup of the audio at
irregular timing intervals are apparent on the received audio.. I
remember a similar thing happening when using SSTV in the old ? days
when computer interupts were a problem causing  this sort of effect.
Decided to just try the older Sdr version 1.8 and loaded and imported
the datbase from 1.9.  Everything now all ok with no problems to date.
Just thought I would share these thoughts..sorry about being soo long
winded..

Art G3XNE/KE5JIC in not very sunny Cornwall Uk.