My apologies Ken.  It was not you it was Bill W9OL and I'm sorry I aimed
it at you.   I just forgot who it was.

There my apologies end. I do not discount Phil's contributions.  I also
do not propose solutions for problems that do not exist and I most
certainly do not waste my own money for nonexistent issues.  If you were
listening to the office every day talking about phone calls complaining
about stopped serial ports, or looking at bug reports (that have just
stopped since they have given up) you might investigate as well  I have
investigated with port mon as has Bob Tracey and several others.  For
those who have had repeated, regular problems, portmon does not lie.
The applications on either side of the port remain operational and send
stuff to a hung port.  I had this issue as well.  I never see it with
Eltima ports.  With the Flex 5000 going out the door, and people
expecting to see all of that stuff glue together seamlessly,  I am
putting up an alternative because there is little choice.  We have been
told CLEARLY that development on the vCom suite is at an end.  Hey, the
guy has to make a living and he is doing just that.  No one blames him
and everyone thanks him but that does not mean we can stick our heads in
the sand like ostriches.  I mean to contest this year with the 5000 and
it simply has to work.

Bob