All,

I made a revision to the CAT code last night (SVN1658) that removed
"SDR-1000" from the "ID as:" list on the Setup Form CAT tab and replaced it
with "PowerSDR".  Since all current FlexRadios use PowerSDR, I felt this was
a more appropriate selection.  I think I should clarify what the "ID as:"
selection means.

First, and most important, the setting of "ID as: " has no effect whatsoever
on the internal workings of PowerSDR or the CAT code internal to PowerSDR.
When queried from the outside world via the ID command, it sets the numeric
code returned that some third-party software programs use to determine which
CAT command set to use.

When in doubt, use one of the Kenwood rig types.  The code in the CAT module
of PowerSDR knows what model it is running on and does not depend on the
setting of the rig id.  The CAT code is only concerned whether or not the
incoming command is valid, it doesn't care if the command in question is a
Kenwood command or a FlexRadio command.

HRD (one of the two programs that use the full Flex command set) will
automatically force the selection on the CAT tab to "PowerSDR" once it
discovers that it is talking to a FlexRadio product.  As far as I can tell
from looking at the port traces, PCAle (the other user of the extended
command set) doesn't interrogate for an ID, it depends on the user to set
the rig type in the PCAle setup.

Please let me know if the recent change causes any unintended consequences.

73,

Bob K5KDn