John,

I am running Vista Home Premium (32-bit), PowerSDR v1.18.1, VAC v4.8.0, &
HRD/DM780 v5.0 Build 2260 Beta.

I have the following settings in PowerSDR & HRD/DM780:

PowerSDR VAC Input = Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)
PowerSDR VAC Output = Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)

DM780 Soundcard Input (Receive) Device = Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable)
DM780 Soundcard Output (Transmit) Device = Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable)

The note in DM780 says that the output is "...normally the same as the input
device."

It sounds like I am running the same configuration you are trying to get
working.  My 1st thought was that you only had 1 cable (the default)
configured in VAC, but that is not it if you can set PowerSDR output to VAC
Line 2.

I cannot offer you any suggestions.  I can only tell you that the same
configuration works for me.

Have you looked at the Knowledge Center Article "How to Setup Virtual Audio
Cable (VAC) 4.0x with PowerSDR 1.x"?  The link to the article is:
http://kc.flex-radio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50230.aspx

Good luck.

73, Ray, K9DUR
http://k9dur.info