From suggestions from several people that answered me about a BCB low pass
filter, I built the NDB junk box low pass filter.

http://www.qrp.pops.net/  (See the topics for 2006 - 2009)

This filter has a high cutoff frequency of 533 khz. Adding this filter in my RX loop allows me to find the NDB airport beacons in the range of 190 to 530 khz. The filter works quite well at this and the F5K does well at receiving in this range. The filter does not have a sharp cutoff at 533 khz and I am finding that I can use it up to about 800 khz on the AM broadcast band. From 540 to 800 khz the filter does very well at removing the BCB signals that would interfere and be at 1080 to 1600 khz. So I find this filter does well for both BCB SWLing and NDB finding. The filter was very easy to make.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain
Hays, NC 28635