Since there have been some questions about the details of my system building offer, let me answer them in this last memo on the topic:
1. Cost plus $100 includes all the expense of having the components shipped to me (from Newegg) as well as the completed system to you 2. Paypal is the preferred way to go for payment. I am doing it in two payments: the first payment to cover a large part of the components cost, then a second one once I know what the final shipping charges will be. 3. I proudly own both a FLEX-3000 and a FLEX-5000 so I can setup and tune the computer for either radio. Sadly I do not have a SDR1K (at the moment) but if you own one, I can get the header cable that will bring the LPT port to the backplane of the computer. 4. I did not include a firewire card in the original list but will use the Startech 4 port 1394a PCI card that uses the TI chipset. It added $21 to the cost. 5. Of course the system will work before shipment and all shipments will be insured for the value of the computer. I cannot offer more than the manufacturers warranty on the parts. 6. If you are into digital modes, I can preinstall Fldigi, etc. (or if you want to purchase MixW, etc.) so that you just have to connect the cables and you are done. Once you verify that the system is working, that is as much dedicated support I can do, other than what we normally do to help via the reflectors when you have problems. The purpose of this is not to make money (it will take 4-5 hours to install and tune the system so its not my normal charge rate), the purpose is to help the new Flexers have a smooth and enjoyable experience when they turn on their radio. If I can help you, I am pleased to be able to! Neal Campbell Abroham Neal Software Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux www.abrohamnealsoftware.com (540) 242 0911 On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 5:18 PM, Neal Campbell<[email protected]> wrote: > Hi all, > > The response to receiving the item details for a $450 system that is > lightning fast as well as providing a dedicated IRQ for your firewire > card was very fulfilling. It was great to do this experiment on how > inexpensive a system you can build if you use the right parts. The > motherboard and cpu cost approximately the same as the Atom 130! The > copy of XP is the most expensive item by far. > > If you would like this system but don't feel comfortable building it > yourself, or you would like to have someone build and setup everything > so its tuned for PowerSDR, I can provide this service. I have gotten > permission from Flex to offer this service notice via the reflectors > by the way (Thanks Gerald!) > > I will build the system at a cost plus $100 fee if you are interested. > I have almost 25 years of building computer systems and am very good > at performance tuning them. If you want, I can install VAC, com0com, > whatever digital program, etc. so its a turnkey system (you will bear > the cost of any commercial software). > > If you are interested, contact me off-line. If you didn't get a copy > of the system specifications (so you can build it yourself) feel free > to ask for a copy of the Newegg ordering printout. > > > Neal Campbell > Abroham Neal Software > Programming Services for Windows, OS X and Linux > www.abrohamnealsoftware.com > (540) 242 0911 > _______________________________________________ FlexRadio Systems Mailing List [email protected] http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/ Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/ Message delivered to [email protected]

