In going through my hardware set-up to find the source of some images on 6m, I came across a note regarding 'rough' audio, and freezes, jitters etc...

One source of DPC spikes that I had not known about is the Video card clock when it kicks into 'turbo' or whatever your video card calls it's high-speed mode, especially when coming out of screen saver mode, or even when switching screens.

For example, my ATI 9850 idles at ~ 160mhz for the GPU clock, and 250Mhz for the video memory clock.

When the video goes 'active', the clocks kick in at 650Mhz for the GPU, and 1100Mhz for the video memory....

Now I understand why the audio gets choppy, and sometime Psdr freezes when coming out of screen saver.

I haven't had the chance to look further into this, as my current intention is regarding the images that show up when using the I/Q from the 5KA.... 73...Jordan VE6ZT


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flex-radio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flex-radio.com/

Reply via email to