Hi,

I originally posted a version of this to N1MM's reflector, but further
troubleshooting points to PowerSDR so I'll continue my quest here.

Environment:
Windows 7 64bit
N1MM Logger V11.6.4
FlexRadio Flex-3000 with PowerSDR 2.0.22
Playback occurs over Virtual Audio Cables (VAC) 4.10.0.2537

I want to feed the output of N1MM's voice keyer to PSDR for
contesting, and it works great, at first. The problem is that
something is cutting off my recorded wavs about 100ms early and
getting progressively worse as I run it.

My problem can be duplicated as follows, assuming a regular contest
setup for voice on N1MM (using the IARU coming up next weekend
currently)

1. Record to N1MM's voice keyer via shift+ctrl+F1-F12 several wav messages
2. Play them as I would in a contest several times, listening to the
playback through MOX. The first few times, playback is good.
3. After 5-6 playbacks, they start to get truncated at the end more
and more, and a delay starts to get introduced toward the beginning of
playback. Eventually the audio is not even playing the final second or
two of the message, and there's a silence of around 50% of the end
truncation length at the beginning.

I've tried ruling out VAC as the source of the trouble using its
"audio repeater" utility. When directing the output of N1MM into the
same VAC line and connecting that line to a headset output on the
repeater, I do not experience the problem.

Further, possibly unrelated, observations:

1. When I direct the audio output direct to headphones instead of VAC,
the delay does not happen either
2. I have tried different sample rates, 44k and 48k.  While switching
sample rate "resets" the problem (probably N1MM resetting the audio
system), it then proceeds to degrade as time goes forward as before. I
now suspect that sample rates are a factor, but when they are all set
to the same thing on N1MM and PowerSDR it seems it should be OK. VAC
appears to handle a wide range of sample rates automatically so I
don't know that it would be the factor.
3. I have verified that the wavs play back perfectly outside of n1mm,
and also have tried recording wavs with audacity, it seems that ANY
wav will exhibit this behavior whatever its source, but the wav files
are of good quality and not truncated or corrupt.

Thanks for any help.

73,
AI1P