If using Vista or Win7, make sure the default format sampling rate for the Windows VAC sound devices (playback and record) matches what you use for the VAC. The default is 44.1 KHz which forces Windows to do an up-conversion to 48KHz

Right click on the actual sound device and select Properties. Then click on the Advanced tab. This is where it shows and you can change the default format. Unless you are using VAC in stereo mode, make sure you select the single channel option.

-Tim
---
Tim Ellison, W4TME
Internet Systems Admin. & Customer Support Engineer
FlexRadio Systems^(TM)
4616 W Howard Ln Ste 1-150
Austin, TX 78728
Phone: 512-535-4713 Ext. 223
Email: t...@flexradio.com <mailto:t...@flexradio.com>
Web: www.flexradio.com <http://www.flexradio.com>

logo
/Tune In Excitement^(TM)/
PowerSDR^(TM) is a trademark of FlexRadio Systems

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.