Ross:

I think Greg meant to say TEP (Transequitorial Propagation). This is F layer propagation crossing the geomagnetic equator, sometimes occurring as the portion of the Earth involved goes into darkness, mostly around the vernal equinox.

Based on my observations of a few days ago and last spring, I conclude that at least SOME of the propagation was NOT TEP but straight F2. The fact that last Sunday (Oct. 2), several HCs were in as well as LUs, CXs and CEs. The HCs could NOT have been via TEP as Ecuador is on the geographic equator, well north of the geomagnetic equator in this part of the world.

The other, farther south stations, COULD have been via TEP, but since they were in at approximately the same time as the HCs, they MIGHT also have been straight F2.

I worked 11 stations last Sunday including LU7YS. Of course, I'm not running a G5RV. I'm running a Flex 5K and 700 W to an 11 element M2.

I hope that this opening is a harbinger of great things to come on the Magic Band.

73,

Bill Tynan, W3XO/5 EM00kd
SMIRK (Six Meter International Radio Klub) # 800


----- Original Message ----- From: "Ross Stenberg" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 9:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Flexradio] How sweet it is


What is TEM?

Texas Earth Moon?
Transmission Electron Microscopy?
Transmission Electron Microscope?
Telecom Expense Management?
Trans European Motorway?
Transverse Electromagnetic Mode?

    73 Ross K9COX



On 10/4/2011 9:01 AM, Greg Jurrens wrote:
Mark:

Thanks for the great feedback. Glad to hear the radio is working well for
you!

My only big deal lately is I worked LU7YS (in Patagonia) on 6m TEM the other
night from Austin..... My 6m beam is down so I used my G5RV and the
FLEX-5000A!  Go figure!
I love this hobby!

73,
Greg




_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/ Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/


_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to