Good job!  I absolutely agree - the ability to watch the activity makes an
amazing difference.

This past weekend was the CA QSO Party, and I ended up working 770 contacts
over 18 hours in 57 states/provinces (no South Dakota).  So, yesterday I was
still in "contest mode" so I decided to invent my own T32C "how fast can I
work them" contest.  3D2R was also around, so I included both.

After 47 minutes:

0111 T32C 15SSB
0119 T32C 20CW
0122 T32C 10CW
0125 3D2R 12SSB
0129 T32C 17SSB
0134 3D2R 10CW
0137 T32C 12SSB
0155 T32C 15CW
0158 3D2R 10SSB

All this with the Flex-3000, no amp, connected to a Carolina Windom dipole
about 35 feet up between two trees.  I worked them on every band that they
were currently on.  Maybe tonight I'll try the low bands.

It takes a few minutes to watch the action, find the pattern, and then one
or a few calls to get the contact.

Doing this without the panadapter?  I'd still be there trying...

The Flex system is an amazing toy.

73,
/Jack de K3FIV




On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 3:58 AM, Mark Lunday <[email protected]> wrote:

> Two mornings of grayline DX and a Flex 3000 to point the way to an open
> frequency amid the pileup, and here's what I get:
>
> 40: 3D2R, T32C
> 80: 3D2R, T32C, KH2/N2NL
> 160: T32C
>
> And not to be forgotten, 30/20/17/15/12/10 for 3D2R and T32C on CW and SSB
> from the East Coast, all with a single 2 element hex beam.
>
> Busting pileups with relative ease because I can see the patterns.it does
> not get any better than this.  Flex radios are THE EQUALIZER for the
> "little
> pistols" and are worth EVERY PENNY when it comes to my DX pursuits.  I
> could
> not be happier.
>
> Mark Lunday, WD4ELG
> Greensboro, NC  FM06be
> [email protected]
> http://wd4elg.blogspot.com
> http://wd4elg.net
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
> [email protected]
> http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
> Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
> Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage:
> http://www.flexradio.com/
>
_______________________________________________
FlexRadio Systems Mailing List
[email protected]
http://mail.flex-radio.biz/mailman/listinfo/flexradio_flex-radio.biz
Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/flexradio%40flex-radio.biz/
Knowledge Base: http://kc.flexradio.com/  Homepage: http://www.flexradio.com/

Reply via email to