Dave is correct.  I do this for any device that I require to use in any
sort of "service" fashion.  All my PCs and all my internet addressable
devices.  Especially the Flex.  Not my phones, but most everything else.
Works great.  My PCs and so on still use DHCP (very convenient) and yet I
can count on the same IP address being assigned every time.

It might go under a different name depending on the router.  My router
calls it "static assignment" which is a terrible name because it is really
still dynamic, but goes to the same address.  Basically, if you are filling
out a table in your router somewhere that takes your device's MAC and
assigns it to the same IP address every time, you've found it under
whatever name it is.

Larry WO7R