----- Original Message -----
From: "Norman Vine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 10:46 AM
Subject: [Flightgear-devel] FW: Mail delivery failed: returning message to
sender

> FYI
>
> "The Common Image Generator Interface (CIGI) is an interface designed
> to promote a standard way for a host device to communicate with an image
> generator (IG) in the simulation industry."
>
> Source released today
> http://cigi.sourceforge.net/
>
> FWIW
> This is 'sponsored' by 'The Boeing Company'

I took a quick look. My sense is it is intended for the simulation of
sensors that are externally mounted on host platforms. In this case the IG
is the sensor looking ( laser, TV, IR, etc) and sending the image back to
the simulation of the host (like an F-15) More applicable to the simulation
of military applications but usable say for earth sensing missions by NASA
or commercial entities.

Regards
John W.