On Wednesday 28 November 2001 1:56 am, you wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 November 2001 1:30 am, you wrote:
> > I just committed a new stall horn sample (finally) but I have a question.
> > Is it supposed to be a continuous tone or is it cyclical? I have the
> > pitch and timbre matched up(although it plays back at lower pitch inside
> > FGFS) but for now it lacks the attack envelope of the FS98 sample from
> > simphonics. It's also shorter duration. It'll be easy enough to
> > cut one the same length and a change the attack (or loop it perfectly).
> > I'm just not sure which to do.
> > TTYL
>
> Interesting note..... I dropped the sample rate down to 8Khz and now it
> plays back as it should from within FGFS.

:-/ Looks like everything is pitch shifted on playback unless it's 8Khz.
Could it be something peculiar to my system?
SBLive running under ALSA .96beta9
Or should 8 bit 8khz be the standard? In practical terms, it provides
enough resolution and it certainly helps from a file size POV. Some stereo
samples would be worth it as a tradeoff.