Alex Perry wrote:

> > Sounds reasonable.  It would be nice if this could be handled
> > transparently on the plib side, but I don't think anyone is working
> > real hard on the audio portions of plib these days ... :-(
>
> Yeah; but one of the reasons nobody is working on it is they're forever
> thinking of replacing the whole thing with one of the other audio libs.

I might set up people by saying this, but in my opinion in can't hurt to
talk about it.

I have been watching the SDL libraries for a while now and am under the
impression they have the low level I/O stuff in better place than plib
does.

What i really would like to see is to replace everything from plib and
glut (except for ssg and sg) with the equivalent of SDL. SDL has evolved
like DirectX has done for the windows version and it has good multi
platform threading support.

At this moment i have no idea how much work it would take to transfer
things over to SDL bu i am under the impression it wouldn't even take
that long ...

BTW. I would most definitely give my vote if the plib people try to
incorporate the ssg and sg stuff into SDL (hint hint ;-) )

Erik