On Fri, 7 Dec 2001 11:58, you wrote:
> > That said, I'm sure other people have much more practical priorities.
> > I'd guess that buildings and other ground stuff would probably top the
> > list.  In particular, bridges and radio towers are important landmarks
> > (obstacles) for VFR (IFR) navigation.  Having the Golden Gate, Bay
> > Bridge and San Mateo bridge in the default scenery would be awfully
> > cool.  All of these are really obvious during approaches into SFO and
> > OAK.  Some of the SFO approaches go over the San Mateo bridge at
> > something like 400 feet.

We need to think about how we are going to format these though. My personal
preference would be the ability to create a FlightGear-Extended format that
allows you to call the models, but have modifiers that allow time dependant
scenery, and other procedural scenery stuff. I'd also like the abitlity to
embedd all the models and textures and model config files, etc in a gzip
file, because i don't like messy directories with millions of models in it.
Thanks,

David