> So my question is: What is more important to FlightGear buildings
> or planes?
> I never made a 3D model of a plane before but AC3D looks so nice
> I think I
> could come up with something.

Buildings. I can't see how any sane person could say "Planes" (I could be
wrong, though ;-) I like to be PIC when I fly a simulator. I don't want to
sit outside my plane and watch me fly it. The cockpit panels we have now are
fine. The ground looks sooooo barren. Adding buildings, IMHO, would increase
the realism FAR more than adding aircraft models - which under normal
circumstances you won't even see, anyhow, I would think.