From: "Martin Olveyra" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2001 3:45 AM
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Static 3D Models

On 2001.12.17 21:27 Jeff wrote:
> I have made a few 3d models for fg and two of them are downloadable from
> my
> home page, if anyone wants to try them out. Have not had the time to
> figure
> out how to place them in fg as scenery but was able to use them as an
> aircraft model (funny to see a building flying around). So they will load
>
> into fg but not sure if they will sit flat on the ground etc.

Your models are very nice. As you say to me in a past message, I will sent
to you my models, so to find them in the same place. The problems is that I
have done it with 3Dstudio, and plib seems to  missunderstand the texture
information inside it.
What modeling utility are you using? Can you convert apropiatelly 3ds
models to ac models and generate the texture files? I have an antenna
model, with many triangles, very detailed indeed, although Flightsim
doesn't seem to reduce its performance. This antenna also has a white
emmiter on its top, simulating the top light. In the 3dstudio renderer
appears good, but in flightgear scenery there is not light emitter at all.
I wonder if plib supports that. Anyway, I will sent to you this model, and
see if can do something.

Martin.