>  > There seems to be a vestigial reference to TOWER_VIEW in
>  > 0.7.9, but as Michael says, the code section that was in
>  > 0.7.8 is no longer there.  This would be a useful feature
>  > for simulating r/c flight.
> There was never any code to support it; Curt just added it to the enum
> as a bit of wishful thinking.

Perhaps we're approaching this the wrong way.  The multiplayer
capability provides a multitude of 'actors' in the virtual world,
all of which have an FDM and one of which is running on this computer.
Why don't we just make the GL rendering occur with respect to
an arbitrary 'actor' ... both in terms of FDM and position viewpoint ?

That would support tower view, instructor look-over-shoulder and
a bunch of other uses.  It may also integrate the multiple-monitor
code and multiple-player code into a more consistent feature set.