> Thanks to Jim Wilson, we have a working tower view in CVS: the 'v' key
> cycles among pilot view, chase view, and tower view, rather than just
> pilot and chase.  In the future, Jim (or someone else) will probably
> add the ability to specify a tower position; for now, the code just
> makes one up for the initial airport.
>
> You'll probably want to use the 'x' key to zoom in a bit, since the
> tower can be pretty far away at a large airport.

Nice job!  This could be used to simulate a tracking camera using the zoom
feature (try it with the X15).

However,  I am seeing a strange clipping problem in the tower view mode with
the C172 and C310 models when I use the 'x' key to zoom in (Cygwin/Win2k).
Here's how to duplicate it:

1.  Start FGFS with default options (empty .fgfs_rc).
2.  Switch to tower view ('v' twice).
3.  Zoom in with 'x' until the model fills at least half the screen.
4.  As the aircraft slowly taxis down the runway I see strange polygon
clipping effects in the model.

This looks similar to the effect seen last month when the experiments with
the near and far clipping planes were going on.  Perhaps the near and far
planes will have to be adjusted depending upon the distance to the model
and/or the amount of zoom or the FOV.

Does anyone else see this?

Regards,

Paul