On 01 Mar 2002 11:45:36 -0800,
Tony Peden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
<1015011936.2147.66.camel@raptor>:

> On Fri, 2002-03-01 at 08:05, Jon S Berndt wrote:
> > On Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:15:14 -0800 (PST)
> >   Tony Peden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Will we need to do this with flaps, slats, spoilers,
> > elevons, etc.? A left and right component for each one?
> > :-(  :-(
>
> Spoilers, yes.  We must always be prepared for asymettric deflection
> of those. In the most general case, we'd need to model a whole array
> of them (more than 10)
>
> Flaps and slats, no.  If those go out asymmetrically, you've got a big
> problem. (Slats are can actually be worse, as its usually not real
> apparent that you have a problem until you're really in trouble)

..for the RL WWII Me109, I'm told asymmetric slats were considered
a feature by Luftwaffe brass and novice pilots, "as the yawing this
produced, helped spray out gun fire towards britts in" hi-G "combat
manouvering".  As pilot experience built, Me pilots tended to prefer
a more precise mode of gun fire delivery, some had their Me's modified
to symmetric slat deployment, the majority I believe transferred to
the FW190's.

..to model these Me 109'ers, we need assymmetric slat deployment,
triggered by each wings AOA.  (Actually, the neutral point moving
afaik.)

> Elevons, no.

..elevons combine elevator control with aileron control, on
some delta wings.  Support needed.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: