Melchior FRANZ writes:

 > Yes, Linux (2.4.18). Nothing in the background. I have still the
 > version from yesterday installed, which works "fast" as
 > always. Just the build from today is dead slow. I can start these
 > different builds alternating and the one from today is always
 > unusable, while the other always works.

Can anyone else reproduce this?  I cannot, unfortunately, and I'm
struggling to think of anything that changed yesterday that could
cause this problem.

In the new source tree, try a 'make distclean' and then rebuild --
perhaps everything didn't build correctly originally.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson