> I'd love to be able to practice formation flying.  It would be cool to
> try to hold the #2 slot in the Blue Angels' Diamond formation.  I guess
> that would require someone writing an advanced AI engine first.  ;-)
> --
The slot position is #4, right wing is #2 and left wing is #3

Probably all you need is some simple logic to fly a F-18 model. some sort of
simple autopilot to do
loops and rolls and such.

You might find that the visual cues and stick\throttle sensitivities
(joystick, keyboard, mouse, whatever) would not have the response and
control you would like, but it might be fun to try.

Regards
John W.