On Sun, 2002-03-24 at 11:28, Jon Berndt wrote:
> > > Adding an ugly cast fixes the problem:
> > >
> > >   PropertyManager->Tie("forces/fbx-aero-lbs", this,1,
> > >     (double (FGAerodynamics::*)(int) const) &FGAerodynamics::GetForces);
> >
> > I'll roll that change into my copy until it gets made permanently.  While
>

> We'll do a little investigating, first. I want to understand why MSVC is
> having problems, first, when no other compiler appears to be complaining. We
> want to remain as cross-platform/cross-compiler compatible as possible, but
> as a matter of policy, I am extremely hesitant to make crutches in our code
> to fix a crippled compiler - if, indeed, it turns out to be a problem with
> MSVC. Do you have any explanatory backup for why MSVC isn't working with
> this? I know this sounds rude of me, but I hope you can see where I am
> coming from.

It's unfortunate but I think we're going to have to incorporate this
cast.

However, I do think we could clean it up a bit with a pre-processor
define:
#define AEROINTFUNC double (FGAerodynamics::*)(int) const
then
PropertyManager->Tie("forces/fbx-aero-lbs", this,1,
                     (AEROINTFUNC)&FGAerodynamics::GetForces);

Hopefully, its still clear that that is a cast.

Assuming Jon does not object, I will accept patches that look like the
above.

> Jon

Tony Peden
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
We all know Linux is great ... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
-- attributed to Linus Torvalds