> To be fair, however, what many people call "unflyable" around here isn't
> anywhere near the case.  The most recent JSBSim complaint, for example,
> only took two clicks of keyboard aileron to correct at climbout speeds.

I was talking to a pilot friend of mine the other day. He was telling me
that during takeoff pilots are so accustomed to countering the various
torques on the aircraft by using small corrections that they almost don't
even notice it, or forget they are doing it. It's just natural. If one's
setup does not include rudder pedals, I wonder if that's an impediment to
judging the takeoff controllability? I don't know. I haven't flown for
real in a long time. And the vehicles I have lots of real flight simulator
experience in don't really count .  ;-)

Jon