I managed to sort out the problems and get things to compile.  I was
forced to remove my altered versions of fg_init.cxx and options.cxx.  It
refused to merge them, or replace them, or compile them, or whatever.  But
by removing my files, it recvsed the cvs versions and it compiled.

I am still dreadfully disappointed in the framerate.  It runs about 1 or 2
fps, whereas if I run the latest binary download I get 7 or 8 fps.

Keith Wiley                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.unm.edu/~keithw                 http://www.mp3.com/KeithWiley

"Yet mark his perfect self-contentment, and hence learn his lesson,
that to be self-contented is to be vile and ignorant, and that to
aspire is better than to be blindly and impotently happy."
                                           --  Edwin A. Abbott, Flatland