On Thu 18. April 2002 13:17, you wrote:
>  > Yes, I think the tach probably should only read 100-200 rpm while the
>  > engine is cranking, before it catches.  Maybe Alex (or David) could
>  > watch this on their next flight?
>
> On the C172s I've used, the prop starts about as fast as a car engine,
> i.e. in well under a second.  It would be hard to get a tach reading,
> but I'll try to remember.
>
>  > Yes, the propellor spins way to slowly compared to engine rpm.  This
>  > might be intentional so that it maintains 'smooth' animation.  But, it
>  > is maybe just a little noticably too slow ...
>
> Actually, the propeller spins at *exactly* the reported RPM.  The
> trouble is that you see only snapshots of its position as determined
> by framerate, and the positions are usually creeping one direction or
> another.

David you can inspire by this photos.

This propeller is gray with yelow tips
http://musicabona.com/martin/pic/tocna30.JPG

This you can see on taxiing ie 1000 RPM
The clouds could rotate as it rotates now.
The propeller itself you can see only when motor is stop
or turned by starter.
So we  need at least 3 steps.
http://musicabona.com/martin/pic/tocna01.jpg

This is on start ie 2500 RPM Notice the yelow transparent circle from tips
and in the middle is nearly nothing.
http://musicabona.com/martin/pic/tocna22.jpg

I have also some advice on making textures for your model. You have done it
very good so please be free to copy it to /dev/null.

I suggest you to make background of textures white,black or transparent but
please not yellow. It is good for debugging but not for use.

You can make better glass texture when you start on some white - blue - green
color and only add transparency.

I don't know how it looks with shading, but IMHO it should be better to make
propeler disc like two cones than 1 cylinder. Also there are some strange
artifacts on the wing tips.

Regards,
Madr

--