im Wilson writes:

>Norman Vine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>
>> >That would do the trick. We'd need that anyway if we wanted to do an
>> >approximate model of a GPS some day.
>>
>> I don't understand what you mean by model a GPS
>> Are you are using 'GPS' to mean a 'muti-function' GPS receiver ?
>
>Support for a "NRST" airport button?

Gottcha -- I keep forgetting that 'GPS' is shorthand nowadays for
a multifunction navigation computer that has a GPS reciever builtin

FWIW
The first GPS I worked with took up most of a 4x6 foot equipment
rack and only measured time differences converting these into a
latlon was done by entering these by hand into yet another computer
system and / or doing a quick slide rule calculation

Never mind having a general purpose navigation routines builtin :-)

Cheers

Norman