OK, I *think* I have nailed the platform-dependant YASim solution
failures.  What I found was that the solution heuristics hid a bunch
of pseudo-chaotic instabilities that were introduced when the approach
elevator trim feature went in a few weeks back.  This was
deterministic, but weird -- increasing the value of a parameter by a
tiny amount could throw the solution into an oscillation.

Since tiny differences in calculation results ncould (I suppose...) be
due to compiler differences, I'm willing to believe this was the
culprit; the older gcc had a rounding mode bug or somesuch that caused
the solver to pick up on a different oscillation mode.  I validated
with a command line YASim compiler that the results generated by
2.95.2 were identical to those from 2.96.  Unfortunately, my
FlightGear 2.95.2 build has begun crashing while loading tiles, so I
can't test that until tomorrow.

Anyway, try the new code and see if that works for you.  You'll also
want new planes, as some of the old ones went pretty wacky once the
fix went in:

   http://www.plausible.org/andy/yasim-aircraft-052902.tar

Hopefully we can bury this one.

Andy

--
Andrew J. Ross                NextBus Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer      Emeryville, CA