On Sun 2. June 2002 07:26, you wrote:
> > > The goal is by using a set of standards one could hyper-jump ones
> > > spacecraft between star systems, much the way one
> >
> > I'm not really interested in anything outside of earth orbit, for now.
>
> From an aircraft view, it would be nice to automate the distribution of
> terrain maps, such that one could fly from place to place without having to
> manually download and install the latest and greatest maps.
>
> I find the whole multi-user thing quite interesting as well.
> Are you folks working on cross system communications yet?

Yeah I have got the same idea of this scenery cluster before I joined the
FlightGear project, but It has no support for something like that.

The hyper-jump is nice idea, but you need first to make support for more
planets than one. Like Earth and Moon. But it IMHO needs realy big reworking
of all code (scenery, FDM, weather etc.) Then hyper-jumps will be easy to add.
If you are able to make these changes, and don't lost much performance, then
you are a great programer.

Madr

--
      Martin Dressler