Alex Perry writes:

 > My docs recommend doing 80 kias on downwind, giving you only 15 knots
 > of margin to trade into height.  Tests have shown that pilots spend
 > about six seconds sitting in stunned amazement, after engine failure,
 > before doing through their ABCs when it happens for-real and no
 > warning.

That makes sense for the tighter downwind and base.  For our airport,
my instructor advised pulling back to 2100 RPM/90kt when I'm sharing
the circuit with 150's or Katanas; when I have it to myself, I tend to
go a little faster.

 > Have you seen the film "Canadian Bacon" ?

No, but I've heard about it.  "Strange Brew" is the classic
Canadian-identity movie.

All the best,

David

--