Melchior FRANZ writes:
> * Jim Wilson -- Wednesday 03 July 2002 18:26:
> > Melchior FRANZ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> > > A huge value would probably only make the AGL radar flash a wrong value
> > > but it wouldn't have further, malign effects.
> >
> > Crash detection is triggered in some cases which will basically shutdown fdm.
> > Any other malign effects?
>
> Random plane crashes without obvious reason are certainly not acceptable for
> a flight simulator. Even more so, if the reason is gaps in the scenery that
> shouldn't be there in the first place. The gaps aren't really severe and
> certainly hard to avoid, but I don't see why they should make the plane crash.
> What would you call malign? If it made your monitor explode? Killed your cat?

I agree that random/periodic bugs are insidious and frustrating and
makes the software look like crap; therefore we should have a
'culture' of agressive pursuit of these problems.  But, unfortunately
I can't replicate your particular problem here which makes it
difficult for me to do anything about it.  I can't see anything
obvious in your system setup that would explain what is happening and
why your experience is different from others.

When I've been the only one to see weird problems it has often helped
to do a complete "make clean; make; make install" of all the
components (plib, simgear, flightgear) with the emphasis on the "make
clean" part first.  Sometimes the incremental builds can get slightly
hosed for some reason ... you get an executable that links and runs,
but does weird things.

Regards,