Norman Vine writes:

 > > I think that's a great idea, as long as we recognize that it will be
 > > perpetually a work in progress.
 >
 > In what way is this any different then the 'C' code ??

Not much, but you'll notice how few of the C++ interfaces are
documented.

Stuff like JavaDoc/doc++/doxygen is better than nothing, but it's not
much help for people learning a new interface (as opposed to checking
back for reference).  For that, there's no shortcut.  You need
task-oriented documentation, and that, unfortunately, is extremely
brittle: one tiny interface change can invalidate hundreds of pages of
docs (and dozens of screenshots), much to the frustration of tech
writers and to the ignorant surprise of software engineers everywhere
("we just changed 'yes' to 'ok' in the default dialog class -- I don't
understand why you need two more weeks to finish the docs now").

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/