This is great news, especially in that it could present a model for similar
releases in the future.  Some great software has been lost over the years
to failed companies being bought out and disposed of by competitors for
relatively tiny sums of money.

I'm not convinced that the blender interface (as it is now) would be helpful
to bringing in large numbers of modelers.  But it'd be great to have a loader
in plib,  which I assume could be more easily accomplished now?  Or would it
make more sense or be possible to add the import/export to blender?

This really is exciting, as those who have been doing some modeling know,
weakness in the modeling tools is holding us back a bit in the eye candy
department.

Best,

Jim

Cameron Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

> I figured David would have said something by now, but Blender was
> open-sourced a couple days ago.  This is great news for the open-source
> community (ie. "us").  Go check it out:
>
>   http://www.blender.org/
>
> Feel free to write some tutorials for us modelling newbies.  ;-)  Thanks
> --
> Cameron Moore
> [ My grandfather died when he was just an infant. ]

Jim Wilson - IT Manager
Kelco Industries
PO Box 160
58 Main Street