Tony Peden writes:

 > It seems that the recent changes related to the airspeed instrumentation
 > have affected the --vc option.  If I start with --vc=100, JSBSim gets
 > passed 92.885 knots.  Including instrumentation error is fine,  but I
 > have a hard time believing 7 knots of error (relative to calibrated) at
 > cruise angles of attack and small sideslip angles.

Here's an excerpt from options.cxx:

    } else if ( arg.find( "--vc=" ) == 0) {
        fgSetString("/sim/startup/speed-set", "knots");
        fgSetDouble("/velocities/airspeed-kt", atof(arg.substr(5)));

And here's one from flight.cxx:

        if ( speedset == "knots" || speedset == "KNOTS" ) {
            set_V_calibrated_kts( fgGetDouble("/velocities/airspeed-kt") );

Nothing should be interfering with this value from point A to point B.
The new instrumentation code puts indicated values under the
/instrumentation/ property subtree and explicitly does not touch
values under /velocities/ etc.  Ditto for the older steam support.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/