Curtis L. Olson writes:

> Paul Deppe writes:
> >
> > I'm still trying (unsuccessfully) to build FGFS CVS with Cygwin and gcc 3.2.
> > There are a few issues described in the mailing lists, but not all are in
> > CVS and some conflict with one another.
> >
> > Clean CVS SimGear compiles fine with -DWIN32, but then
> > FlightGear/src/GUI/preset.cxx can't find iostream.h.  I put Norman's STL 3.2
> > patch from Oct 26 into simgear/compiler.h:
> >
> > #if (__GNUC__ == 3 && __GNUC_MINOR__ >= 2 && __CYGWIN__)
> > #  include <iostream>
> > #endif

I wrote this as I was still grappling with the 3.2 STL and w32API conflicts
and I was mistaken we don't need the above

> > ...and now SimGear won't compile - the min/max errors are back.
> >
> > Can someone who has built SG and FGFS with Cygwin/gcc 3.2 please summarize
> > the flags and/or patches to the latest CVS required to do so?
>
> It would be nice to fix the source and build system so that a person
> wouldn't need any extra flags or patches.  Perhaps when people figure
> it all out, they could send me a set of patches.

this patch have solved the min/max problems
http://cvs.flightgear.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/SimGear/simgear/compiler.h.diff?r1=1.1&r2=1.2&cvsroot=SimGear-0.3
as long as WIN32 is defined when the header is parsed

Norman