Bert Driehuis writes:
> On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, David Megginson wrote:
>
> >  > So, I can report the current CVS snapshot works on FreeBSD 4.7 with the
> >  > autoconf patches in my previous post.
> >
> > Excellent.  Which version of G++ did you use?
>
> Sorry for not mentioning that -- I specifically checked it with the
> intent of sharing it in the light of the discussion w.r.t. versions
> going on. It's the 2.95.4 that comes with FreeBSD 4.7.

David,

What compiler options do you build with?  I usually override the
default and build with -Wall -O2, I'll do a rebuild with default
options and see if that helps.  Often building with -g (the default)
masks buffer overruns because there's a better chance when you overrun
your buffer you copy over debugging infrastructure, and not actually
code/data.

Regards,