Roland Häder writes:

 > The Phoenix joystick a 4-axis, 4-button gameport joystick (modprobe
 > analog and some more modules for your gameport hardware).

We can autodetect USB joysticks, but the old gameport ones -- that
means that you'll have to configure your joystick manually,
unfortunately.

 > /usr/local/lib/FlightGear/Input/Joysticks/Default/joystick.xml and I found
 > out that it is supporting just 3 axis. But my joystick does have 4 and the
 > last non-support axis is the rudder axis (no. 3). So what about creating a
 > joy-4axis.xml file?

Make a copy of the file, then edit it for your joystick and put it
somewhere FlightGear can find it.  Then something like this to your
$HOME/.fgfsrc file:

  --config=/home/david/lib/fgfs/my-joystick.xml

That way, the file will always be loaded when FlightGear starts up.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/