On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 10:22:18PM -0600, Curtis L. Olson wrote:
> > So, could the "Lambert Conformal Conic" be the projection I am looking for ?
> >
> > Any help or pointers are appreciated.
>
> You might be thinking too hard about this.

Yeah, I guess. But then, I'm too often a perfectionist ;-)

>     $x = $w/2 + ($lon - $center_lon) * $deg_to_nm * $scale * $xfact;
>     $y = $h/2 - ($lat - $center_lat) * $deg_to_nm * $scale;
>
> ($x, $y) is the coordinates (in screen space) where you should draw
> the object.
>
> This is known to work pretty well over a local area (assuming my
> typing is correct, I didn't overlook something, and you can get past
> the pseudo-perl syntax.) :-)

Thanks, this will at least for the testing phase a good start.
I have been thinking about something like this, but the ironing out
the formulas above ... I just didon't how to put it all together.

perl's no problem. I've did quite a bit of perl hacking some time ago.

Thanks again,
Manuel